Tuesday, July 15, 2008

KITCHEN FLOOR





For some reason, I tend to blog in threes. I was going to call it a day, but Dustin finished the kitchen floor, and I am loving the finished product, so I had to share it with everyone. Dustin floated the floor on Saturday, and then started working on the actual floor on Monday. His awesome dad came over and helped for the ENTIRE day. Not only did Larry lay the tile, but he supplied the Gatorade. It doesn't get better than that :) I also loved that Larry helped because he is a perfectionist and made Dustin follow the directions for the thinset mud. It was great for the two of them to work together. I took the boys out to visit and Jase jumped right in to help. He told me to get out of the kitchen because the boys were workin'. I am super grateful for Dustin. He is never afraid to work or to get dirty, and I know he inherited this quality from his dad and his mom. So here's to my honey and his family...I will forever enjoy this beautiful floor while I cook, bake, and spend time in the heart of my home--the kitchen :)

7 comments:

Crystal said...

B-E-A-utiful!! I can't believe it's almost done. I can believe however, that you chose travertine (? on the spelling) with your expensive taste and all.

Melissa said...

I'm next on the waiting list for new tile. Sign me up, Dusty!

Steph said...

Can i get dustin to come up here and do some work cause my husband is gone all the time and i have been waiting 3 months for him to paint my bedroom and stack the washer and dryer.

Nat Lud said...

Holy cow! That tile looks great! I love the different sizes and the color and everything. You guys made such a wonderful choise!

Granny Annie said...

I'm thrilled for you! The floor now makes your house begin to look like your home!....it is beautiful!
Can't wait to see it and you are all moved in.
Love ya!

Grandma 'D' said...

I love the house but more excited to see you are blogging! Love all the pics of the boys and daddy.

LuDLoW LiFe said...

Oh my heck! I love it all! You are quite the interior decorator. We need to ride our bikes back over and see it in real life, although you do take fabulous pictures. I love the tile, it looks great. It won't be long and you will be mopping those floors. YAY! It's getting close. Sorry such a long post, but when you only post every couple of months I have a lot to say!