Ahoy, me mateys! My little landlubber turned six (in April...have I mentioned that I'm a teensy weensy bit behind in blogging), and we all know what that means. PAR-TAY, pirate style! Cap'n Jaybird was more than excited for his birthday. In fact, unlike most pirate who do not know Monday from Tuesday, this little man had been counting down for like six months! I mean what is cooler than using both hands to show people your age...
They eat serpent legs (noodles w/ alfredo) and sailboats (mini hotdogs w/ cheese sails) and seaweed wraps (bacon wrapped beenie weinies) while slamming their cups on the table and yelling, "Down the hatch, me hearties."
They insist on breakfast in bed in the Capn's quarters. But while most pirates sleep in, our little pirate was up at the first crack of dawn asking the ship's cook why she hadn't brought his meal yet :-)
And even though their bellies are full of good grub, they dig in to a delicious cake, which is most definitely a delicacy on a pirate ship.
And where do you keep a bunch of rowdy pirates? Why in the garage, of course!
But what do you do with a bunch of rowdy pirates? You make them walk the plank, and search for buried treasures, and fish for prizes, and pin the sword on Capn' Jack Sparrow. At least that's what these pirates did.
And you finish with bringing treasures to the Cap'n. Of course, he's very grateful because this Cap'n has a mother who just so happens to be teaching him manners (I think).
So that's it, Jase. Your birthday in a nutshell. You have now officially belonged to me and dad longer than the five years we waited for you, begged for you. It's funny how those years of sadness and longing have been swallowed up with laughter and little boy toys and snuggles and six birthdays. You are everything I hoped and wished for. And on each of your birthdays, I am the one feeling like the present is mine. Happy Birthday, Jaybird!
3 comments:
Your boys are so lucky to have you for a mom. I don't think they'll ever forget their birthdays with the kind of parties you throw!
Too cute!
I can't believe he's six!!! What a great party!
Post a Comment