Sunday, September 16, 2007

THE SWING SET









Yesterday I drug my husband to home depot and bought a swing set. He wasn't too excited about the build-it-yourself, humongous project, but I insisted on the purchase for my own sanity. The instructions seemed simple enough and everything was included. It even included a step-by-step instruction booklet that estimated the building time at 3 to 6 hours; and I just knew that my handy husband would be at the lower end of the time estimate.


Well, you are looking at pictures from DAY 2 and the structure is still missing its slide, two climbing walls, and the stability to hold a 35 pound child. Bob the Builder must have done the time guessing. Again, I reiterate that Dustin was not excited about this playset, but when Jase saw the fort and swings, he threw his hands in the air and shouted, "Yes, my castle!" His daddy got a big smile on his face and decided this project was worth the effort.


Now, as you can see, another helper is in the pictures. This is the available 30-year-old son I was writing about earlier. If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, this is your man. Feel welcome to leave any phone numbers in your comments.

0 comments: