I know I already did a little Disneyland post, but I just wanted to make sure I covered all my bases. And I know this was my first visit, but I definitely learned a few dos and donts for our next magical vacation.
1. I WILL ALWAYS STAY INSIDE THE DISNEYLAND PARK. I know this sounds like a spoiled brat, but our stay at the Disneyland Grand Caliornian Hotel was perfect. It is a bit pricey with nothing extraordinary about the rooms, but the lobby was AWESOME and there is a private entrance to both parks. This means we brought the kids back for naps and rested our feet without wasting the day walking and catching the shuttle. We also enjoyed the "turn down" service with chocolates on the pillow along with the pool and waterslides. Next time we venture down that way, I'm also going to try out their spa :) The valet parked the truck, the bell boys loaded our luggage and delivered it to our room, and some guy played the grand piano (Disney theme songs) throughout the evening. (4 MAGICAL STARS)
My boys at Minnie's Kitchen.
Jaxon wasn't afraid of Captain Hook. He gave him high fives and the infamous mean face.
2. I WILL ONLY SUPPORT ONE DISNEY CHARACTER BREAKFAST--MINNIE'S KITCHEN. And for good reason. We tried Chip & Dale's breakfast which was located at our hotel. It wasn't that great, and the only characters entertaining that day was Chip, Dale, Turk, and some Raccoon from Pocahantas. (2 STARS, minus the magic). The next day we walked to Goofy's Kitchen located in the Disneyland Hotel. This is quite a distance from the park and our hotel. We show up to find a sign that reads the kitchen is closed for the day. What a waste of our time...but this led us to Minnie's Kitchen located in Disneyland at The Plaza. The breakfast was delish and the characters were abundant....Minnie, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, Chip & Dale (again). We also got buttons, balloons, and lots of attention. (4 MAGICAL STARS SPRINKLED W/ PIXIE DUST) The next day we tried Goofy's Kitchen again. The service was poor, food wasn't great, Goofy wasn't goofy, and Chip and Dale were there again. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but when I think of Disneyland, Chip and Dale don't really register???? They also had the Mad Hatter and Alice. (1 STAR and not worth the walk).
3. I WILL LET MY KIDS HAVE FUN. This is a hard one for me. Sometimes I'm all about getting my money's worth. I think it stems from my Dad and his motto about buffets. Anyway, we let the kids decide. For those of you with younger kids, we LOVED the Bug's Life area, Soarin' over California, anything with water, and all the shows (Disney Playhouse, Brother Bear, Fantasmic). It was nice not running around trying to hit every ride.
Okay, I'm finished. Take my advice with a grain of salt, and don't forget lots and lots and lots of snacks. Unless you're not worried about spending $5 for an ice cream bar ;)
7 comments:
So fun! makes me want to head out there ASAP! Your boys look so cute.
What a wonderful time for your precious family!....as in everything we do or go, there is always the good and the "Better"!
The better will always be the great memories made and not forgotten! Even Jase getting wet.
Adorable pictures of the boys!
Glad you had such a great time!
Love ya!
I can't stop laughing over 'dad and the buffet'. SO TRUE!!! Thanks for the Disneyland Review... I think we are going to take a vacation to the happiest place on earth either the end of this year or the first of next. Wanna go??
Thanks so much for sharing! I have to say that your tips are great! It looks like you guys had so much fun. We're heading there this summer - YAY!
I love where Jase is all wet. Especially that bottom lip going on. Those boys are so dang fun.
Hey! It looks like you had a lot of fun at disneyland. I hope that we can go next time it would be so much fun. Well I miss you and have been trying to call you for days. call me shelby
Okay the last pic. of Jax running in the fountain was ADORABLE! This post had me laughing and itching to book at the Disney Hotel! The Dad & Buffet line was HELLARIOUS! See you Saturadu girlfriend!
Post a Comment