So I could start out with venting or spilling my guts or cyber screaming, but I'm already feeling better just typing. A million thoughts are racing through my head, and I am searching for where to start. I've prayed. I've been to the temple. I've talked with sisters and best friends. And now I find that the things flowing from my head to my fingers are getting interrupted at the heart. I've heard that the best place to loose yourself (when in frustration) is in gratitude or service. Perhaps that is where I'll start....gratitude.
I'm thankful for family. I cannot fathom my life without my husband. Many of you know that he is my rock and my one true love. I am grateful for my miracle boys. They are solid testimony that the Lord answers prayers. I am in awe at my mom and dad and the unconditional love they have for their family. They not only speak of their love, they offer it in actions. And I am eternally grateful for my brothers and sisters. Even across the distance, they are my best friends and my confidants.
I remember one time in high school I was struggling with something that seemed disastrous at the time. Melissa wrote me this letter that made me giggle and cry and beam with confidence. Only a sister could do that. And when I smell Chinese food, I remember the times my little brothers would come to the Hong Kong for breakfast after I worked a night shift. At 5:30 in the morning, Nils and Russell trotted into the Milford cafe with pajamas and smiles, ready for their ham and cheese omelet. They didn't have to wake up that early on a Saturday morning, but they wanted to....only a brother :)
I can't forget to be grateful for my gorgeous house. It has felt like home from the moment we unpacked our things. I am thankful for a husband who works hard everyday to support his family. I will never forget the long hours of starting a business only to watch Dustin leave for another 8 hour shift to supplement our income. I hope my own children learn the value of hard work. I am also grateful for friends. Not the fair-weathered type, but the friends that know who you are, love you anyway, and still stop by to see you when you're kids are naughty and your house is disgustingly dirty.
Above all, I am thankful for Jesus Christ and his gospel. I hope that anyone that knows me or knows of me, will know that I believe in Jesus Christ and love his gospel. I hope they can see this through my actions, through my countenance. If not, I'll try harder....
Wow! I'm already feeling better. Now just an hour on the elipitical and a good book (thanks, Crystal White), and I'll be frustration free.

14 comments:
I love you so much, Nettie. You are everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I want to be! I had such a fun time at your beautiful house, and I can't wait to visit again. Thanks for being such an awesome aunt and taking care of my girls. It was such a nice break. I love you little sis!
Lynette,
After having one of those very frusterating cry days myself, I read your blog, and I am feeling much better about life now. So, thanks! You made me realize all that I have to be grateful for. Your testimony is an answer to my prayers. Oh, and I want access to your private blog. coryandemily@gmail.com
Thanks again, Emily
He who knows no hardships will know no hardihood. He who faces no calamity will need no courage. Mysterious though it is, the characteristics in human nature which we love best grow in a soil with a strong mixture of troubles.
-Anon
I hope your days get better. You are one of the most loving, generous, forgiving people that I know. You know who you are, don't let anything try and convince you otherwise. Easier said than done, I know, but think of the character you're building. I love you and would give you a big mushy gushy hug if I were there. XOXO
I don't know anyone with a bigger heart than you. I really do hope one day that I can have just a tiny fraction of the love, patience, and generosity that you have & constantly show others. I'm sorry that you're having loads of frustration right now. Wish we were all close by so that we could share some ice cream and some laughs--and then beat up anyone or anything that frustrates you. :)
Thanks for this message. It helped give me a boost that I was so needing. I think one of the best ways to feel better when you are down is to start counting your blessings and pretty soon you realize how blessed you truly are and the trials seem to be less important.
I also want to thank you for this post. I'm sad that you feel so frustrated, but I hope things get better! I wish I could say more to help, but you really helped me by just sharing your blessings and testimony - what a good reminder!
Lynette, you really are such an inspiration to me. When I read your blog, I get so jealous of the relationships that you have with your parents, sisters, grandparents, and friends. I would give anything to have a fraction of the love that radiants from your family. You are one of those people that I work everyday to try and be like. Your testimony is amazing and it glows from your heart! I sincerely hope your days are bright. Love Jodi :)
Lynette;
Oh sweet girl! You are such an example of love and kindness! You radiate it-seriously you do! When I am around you I feel so much better about myself & about life in general.You are such a great mix; you are: funny, loving, sassy, kind, generous, funny, forgiving, spiritual, & your funny! All around a great package & a great friend.
I hope things mellow and that you are able to move past these struggles--how does the saying go? "if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger" ??? Your in my prayers, love you!
My Dear Nettie,
You are such a special "Child of God!" You are definately a tool in Gods love,for all of us! You are a great example to us and strong and always remember,"Human"! and even though we think we have all that life can provide for us, we will still have frustrations and trials! so that we can all learn the lessons needed to have eternal life! Remember Earth is Heavenly Father's school of life.
You are a rock, and a great example of Christ-like love!
Remember! that picture you had on your bedroom wall as a child? "It said."It won't be easy,but it will be worth it"Life is hard and when you think you are through the hard things, for sure there will be another. Everyday is a different learning experience.
You are precious, loving and give so much of your self, but hard on yourself.
Always remember! we can not be perfect...only Christ is perfect and even he had the so much to over come, for us!
You are my great teacher and an example to us all!
I love you so much! and I too will pray!
Keep up your good work! and remember that you are that little girl that read her scriptures everyday and followed her Savior. It provided you a precious husband and children, and knowledge and they also, have the best mom and wife one could ever ask for.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the great reminder! I really need it today!
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
I love you so much our Nettie!
Grandma Ann
I am amazed at your ability to not rant! You are awesome! I loved this post and also admire you and all of the qualities listed by the others. I'm not sure what's been buggin, but I think I might know part and I hope you know that I love ya no matter what is happening. Have a great weekend. You deserve it.
Ditto! It seems that Gratitude always comes back to you doesn't it. You are such a wonderful example of service and gratitude. We all learn from you every day. I am so lucky to you have you as a daughter. Keep your chin up, and bloggin seems to be the best medicine for frustration around here. Luv you Nettie.
Lynette you are such a great blessing to your family and friends. I could not ask for better sisters-in-law, especially you. You have done sooo much for us and We are eternally greatful. I hope what ever has you frustrated quickly works itself out. Love you very much.
Hey Lynette-
Have to say I love the picture of the kid on the frustration card you posted. I love those cards, and it demonstrates how we really do feel sometimes. It is hard to be frustrated, but good that you recognize and validate those feelings, and then that you started counting your blessings. I was visiting a friend yesterday, and she had a quote on her white board that said something like "The more I am grateful for what I have, the more I have to be grateful for." I thought it was a great one, and you demonstrated that here too. I have always loved and found President Eyring's talk "O Remember, Remember" a great one teaching about gratitude, and what a great week to review that one! As I have recorded how I have seen His hand in my life, the promised blessings and more gratitude truly follow. Thank you for your great example of counting our blessings, and expressing gratitude. I am grateful for you!
Post a Comment