Hooray! Family pictures are finished and marked off the "Things to Do" list. I'm pretty much in love w/ the photography. Our photographer (a friend of a friend) posted these on his site last Thursday, and I have left his site up all weekend just staring at my handsome boys. If you want to check them out, visit www.justbowenstudio.blogspot.com
I've also been debating the whole private blog thing lately. I was reading a "NieNie" blog, and they were saying she had never gone private because she refused to live in fear. I'm all about being courageous, but what about being smart. There has been some buzz about taking your kids photos and posting them on other sites, and the fraud issues with all the personal information available to any viewer. So now my mind is spinning with scenerios where someone walks up to my kid and gains his confidence with all the personal information he's read from my blog.....Ahhhhhh! And I've been torn about posting pictures of the new house. I know inquiring minds want to know, but I don't want my floor plan advertised to every burglar in the Utah vicinity :( So I may be opening a can of worms, but what's your take?
Wow! There you have it....family pictures and blog security. Who knew the subjects could mesh so well? Until another hot topic in the blogging world, this is Lynette signing off.

11 comments:
i hear ya girl--family pictures check, privacy in blog land question mark--I'm pretty sure I'll be putting a check by that soon--not real footloose and fancyfree but us Mommas need to protect what we can right?!
I really like this picture of your family. Kids grow so fast - your boys seem huge!
I've also been thinking about private. It's funny you should write about it. Too bad it's such a scary world out there!
The picture is just adorable! Thank you for sharing!
As to the privacy.....maybe, I am from the old school, but I believe that danger has been around forever...if the dangerous wants to find us, nothing will stop them!
I lived in the Los Angeles area, Salt Lake City,for ten years and near Reno, Nevada for 12 years.
Just always watch your back, don't give out too much information and pick your friends carefully.
Stay close to your Heavenly Father...It is the best protection we have! And pray about your decision and safety for your family. It's the best advice I have for my 71 years of living. Adversity is the same, it has just come through different avenues. Most of my years I have never had to lock my doors....maybe I should.
To the less serious side...Just keep smiling and live this life to the fullness! It's a short time.
Love ya!
Keep blogging.
Gram
Cute picture. I kind of want to go private too. I have had people look at my blog from other countries so I know how you feel. I might be taking that road soon too.
Those pictures are the cutest ever!
Oh & I hate the private thing, PERIOD. If you feel funny about posting certain info or pictures then you shouldn't. I'll still love you if you go PRIVATE on me. Love ya!
Well, it's ol' me again....I was talking to my "DeDe"....I had some weird stuff come through my blog one day and I didn't know who it was, so maybe it isn't a bad idea to go private by invitation, but I
would sure need help on my
computer skills to do it!
I'm just an awful trusting person I know! BUT,REMEMBER! the only thing I am afraid of is SNAKES! even toy ones!
Such cute pictures--I love, love, love them all. And I love your little cuties. Give them hugs & kisses from Aunt Rachel. As for the private thing, I'm torn...really torn. But the first Crystal :) is right--we've got to protect what we can.
P.S. Lance can't wait to share his power wheel with his buddy Jase.
I absolutely love the pictures. It is always fun to see others work, especially when I am constantly learning. Thanks for sharing.
I am with your sis--not a private fan. Not a fan. Anyway, your pics are adorable. Jaxon looks so handsome! Can't wait to see the other ones. Lets get together this week and hang out!
I've been wondering about the priviate thing lately too. I would hate to find out some perv was looking at my kids. Still deciding. You're pics are gorgeous they are going to look amazing in your beautiful house. Thanks againg for the fun sleep over. Emma has been talking about it all week.
Love the pictures. I am so glad you brought up the private thing because my friends cousin blog was used on the news. They just link from one blog to another to use hers They used her blog without asking so pictures of her kids were on the news and on there web site. When they found out they had the news blur the faces on the web site but it was too late. The news report was on how easy it was for people to know about you private life. So I will be going private because I want my friends and family to see my blog not anybody else. If any one has a problem with it they don't need to see my blog.
Post a Comment