Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Christmas Tree







I love Christmas trees. I love the type that look like they can't hold one more ornament. I love the fabulous, stylish, ornate trees that deck the halls of shopping malls, Tai Pan, and Roberts Craft. Unfortunately, I don't have the same talent for putting one of these trees together. And although I have been known to splurge on certain items, I cannot bring myself to spend over a thousand dollars on such a tree.
This year I put up the smaller tree in the boys' playroom. They were ecstatic. They gathered all my candy cane decorations from last year, and went to town hanging as many ornaments as possible on one small tree branch. After taking pics of the finished project, I would have to say I would pay over a thousand dollars for this tree and the cute boys posing by it's side.
So yes, I love Christmas trees, but more imporantly, I love the magic and innocence of Christmas as seen through my children's eyes. Oh, and now I have to buy new tree ornaments. Watch out, Tai Pan!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'll buy those boys any day, they are so handsome.

Melissa said...

Forget the tree, I'll take those boys anyday!!! Oh... and I wanna go to Tai Pan with you. See ya next week!

Rachel said...

Those are some seriously handsome boys!! And they did a pretty good job with the tree. You sure you didn't help at all? ;)

Granny Annie said...

Jase took Grandma Ann to see his and Jaxon's Christmas tree. He was so proud of it! There is 2 special little boys at this house who is so excited for Christmas and Santa to come!