Monday, February 25, 2008

CONSTRUCTION ON HOLD


Prairie dog 2
Originally uploaded by mape_s
If you haven't heard, our house building is on hold until we get prairie dog clearance. Yup, you read that right. In good, ol' Iron county, you have to get prairie dog clearance before you can move any dirt on your property. I guess the rodents are a threatened species. You wouldn't be able to guess this if you drove around Cedar and Enoch and saw hundreds of them digging holes in every nook and cranny of Iron county. Anyway, our first lot was home to eight possible burrows. So tomorrow we are having another lot surveyed. Cross your fingers that the prairie dogs haven't curled up and hibernated on this building lot too :( I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

STUPID GOPHERS, I mean "prairie dogs" what's the difference anyway?

Nat Lud said...

That is such a bummer. I'd like to give my two cents to whoever is fighting for prairie dog rights. We should send them all to those people! See how long they like it.

Grandma 'D' said...

The next thing ya know, there will be insect rights for stink bugs. And how about those gross sand horses. They could carry a person away in their sleep.