Thursday, January 22, 2009

THE WILD WHITTS @ DISNEYLAND



Yup, we did it. We finally made it to Disneyland and warm, sunny California. We booked our stay at Disney's Grand California Hotel, bought our tickets, and loaded the truck for a 4-day, 3-night stay at the most magical place on earth. We had a SUPER time, especially our little Jaybird.

Before we left on Sunday, Jase told me, "You know, Mom, I'm just gonna ask you are we there yet a lot, a lot of times." It made me giggle a little. But when it came time to get rolling, Jase told us he would rather go to Grandma's house. We talked it over and decided to head to Disneyland as a family....Grandma could wait a few days at least ;)

The drive wasn't so bad (about 6 1/2 hours including stops). The boys napped, Dustin and I talked, and Jase asked another intriguing question...."Mom, why did Jesus put Disneyland so far away?"

At last, we arrived at our destination. The hotel was gorgeous, the service wonderful, and the magic immediate. It was good times for the Wild Whitts until the last day when we had to go home. Jase said it was the dumbest day ever! Stay tuned for my dos and don'ts of Disneyland...I'm an expert now, you know ;)


The boys met Turk at our first Disney character breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe at the Disney Grand California Hotel.

We LOVED Minnie at our breakfast on Tuesday at Minnie's Kitchen located right in the Disneyland Park.

The traditional tea cup ride. Jase said it made him "bizzy."

The Thunder Mountain Train ride w/ Dustin and Jase in the 2nd row. Jase did not like this ride...it was too freaky.

18 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous, but it sounds like you had a magical vacation. As long as your sweet boys had fun, thats all that matters.

Granny Annie said...

Alright! Disneyland!!!....did you know Grandma Ann and Grandpa Swede and all their kids use to live about 45 minutes from Disneyland Jase?. Your grandma DeAnn and all of us use to go there often. It sure is fun huh? It makes you tired when you are there all day long, but is great!....you will want to go again someday!
About a year ago, Jase you wanted Grandma Ann to travel there with you on a big airplane! Remember???
Love you all and glad you got home safely.
Love you!
Gram

Crystal said...

Tell me more, tell me more! You're such a good storyteller even I'm getting excited just thinking about it. BTW - you look like one hot mama in these pictures!

Crystal said...

I LOVE disneyland!!! I'm SOOOO glad you guys had a magical experience! You crazy kids are so funny, that little Jase is a crack up--what a sweetheart! I'm glad you had so much fun & I can't wait for more details--Enoch missed you badly, there has been a void. So glad your back!

p.s.
according to the weather maybe big "D" can make more $$, in the next 6 days to help pay for the trip ;)

Grandma 'D' said...

Glad you had a magical time, but am even gladder(I know it's not a word) that you are all home safe and sound. Lynette you look hot in that teacup....what a fun fam vacation. Waiting for more on the trip....so get blogging!

Rachel said...

I'm jealous, too. It does sound like a very magical vacation. And I love all the Jase-isms (like Jesus putting Disneyland so far away and getting bizzy on the teacups). You do look like one hot mama, and I'm happy to see Dustin made it on a ride. ;) Can't wait to see more pics.

The Langston Review said...

Hey WildWhits,
Disneyland?? What a great vacation! We would love to take the boys. You'll have to give me all the 411 on how you did it. We miss you guys and will give ya call soon to play with us.

bjjames said...

There is no place like Disney! I would go every year if Ben would let me. Looks like good times for the Wild Whitt's

Steph said...

Oh I love disneyland. Ok I've only been once and it was more of a Dance trip so i was older but it was magical. I can't wait to take my kids there some day. I am very impressed that Dustin got in on the action.

Nat Lud said...

I am so happy you had a great time! It is my absolute fave place in the world! Love the pics. Can't wait to see more!
Sorry I missed you guys last night!

Granny Annie said...

Hey Jase....I forgot to tell you the Tea Cups are the last ride I went on and it made me really, really bizzy too! Was sick all the way home!....maybe that's why I never drink tea, especially in a teacup....it makes me really bizzy.
So glad you had such a fun time and the pictures are great!
I love you and miss you too!

The Bergy's said...

Cute pictures! I can't wait to hear about the whole trip. I'm glad you finally talked Dustin into going. (wink wink)Lets do lunch sometime.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Fun, fun, fun! The Spauldings are HUGE fans of Disneyland. We made a resolve to go every other year (in 2007), so we're planning a trip for this summer. What great memories you're making for your kids! I'm so glad you had fun and that your shared!

Shelby said...

I am so excited that you guys went. It looks like tons of fun. I can't wait until we get to go. Maybe you will be up to going again by then. I miss ya Shelby

LuDLoW LiFe said...

JEALOUS! Looks like you guys had a great time

The Langston Review said...

Hey guys,
Just thought you should be aware of the pornographic pic. of Jase on our blog. I thought it was cute, but if you have issues, let me know and I'll take it off.
Emily
PS. It's on the slideshow

Jenny said...

Looks like tons of fun and good times. I still have never been to Disneyland, maybe that should be one of my next adventures, but I think I should take kids because then it would be more magical, right? BTW I love the family picts too!

Yardley said...

I didn't know you went to Disneyland. It's way fun. We had fun when we went in July last year. Makenna loved Thunder Mountain. She rode it several times. It is kind of scary though. I think that is the ride that a little boy died on, I found out later. Cute pics by the way.