Friday, January 2, 2009

MY LITTLE JOSEPH




A fellow blogger has reminded me that I am missing some very important posts about the holidays....hmmm, could it be the blogger police again? :) Anyway, before Christmas I received a phone call from a member of our ward asking if Jase would be willing to take on the role of Joseph. I almost screamed into the phone with excitement....I'm such a stage mom. I didn't bother negotiating a contract or salary because I was so excited about his first star performance. He did awesome. The nursery children played all the parts. The only requirement--holding still. Now we all know this would be very difficult for our husbands, let alone my three year old. Although there were a few shepherds harassing the angels, Jase surprised us all as he stood completely still by Mary and gave us a few thumbs up. At one time Aunt Crystal pointed to her lips and prompted him to remember to smile. Of course, he pointed to his lips and flashed us one of those superstar "I'm full of awesomeness" smiles :) And thus began a wonderful Christmas full of excitement, magic, family, and friends. (Photos courtesy of my equally awesome sister, Crystal!)

8 comments:

Crystal said...

2 posts? Does this mean more to come? Jase really was so cute up there. You forgot to tell about the other highlights of our night - the "recorder" girl & Mrs. Tooterbum. I just gave myself the giggles!

Granny Annie said...

That Jase is quite the little "actor", not to mention what "little models" your boys are! With a mom and aunt Crystal, prompting them with encouragement ...how could they not be the perfect little guys! And then their is their special Daddy! Just loved that little Joseph! he really looked the part and was so serious about it! You must be so proud of him. We are! Wish we could have been there to see him!

Steph said...

OMG! He is so cute. I wish I could have seen. What a perfect first role

Grandma 'D' said...

What a cutie...I knew he would be awesome though, after his little talk in Sacrament meeting. He was so excited, i'm so glad he had fun, and what a way to Start out the whole Christmas season.

Melissa said...

He is the cutest Joseph ever!!! I wish we could have seen you over the holidays... hopefully we'll get to see you soon. Love you guys!

Nat Lud said...

That is so cute! I am loving it. I love LOVE LOVE new posts. This looks like a fun activity. What a handsome Joseph. You better get those contracts printed up!

Rachel said...

What a little star Jase is. Wish I could have seen his performance.

Crystal said...

how cute is this?! I love that you let the contract slide--JUST THIS ONCE! What a good Joseph standing still the whole time. Girl you have a way with words--you just make my day--so "Whitty"